- Life is not fair. Get over it. The average youth uses the phrase “It’s not fair!” 86 times a day (that’s a lot)!!!
- The real world won’t care as much about self-esteem as you do.
- Sorry, you won’t make $40,000 a year right out of high school. You may even have to wear clothes from the thrift store.
- If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss!
- Flipping burgers or cleaning toilet stalls is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping. They called it opportunity.
- It is not your parents fault if you’re messed up. You’re responsible. This is the flip side of ” It’s my life” and “You’re not my boss”
- Learn to use your hands. Hard work never killed anyone. In fact, there is no life without work.
- Life is not divided into semesters or trimesters. And you won’t get summers off, not even spring break. You are expected to show up every day for 24 hours, and you don’t get recess.
- “Like” doesn’t mean what you think it means.
- Life isn’t outcome based. You get one chance to get it right.
adapted from something my cousin showed me. ♥